Please let the right people in your agency know about it.
Guest postMy name is Aletha and I am a Communications Master's student currently completing a short research project as part of my personal study through Griffith University about the current use of Australian Government Twitter Accounts.
The objectives of this project are to determine how Federal, State and Local governments/agencies within Australia are currently using Twitter to communicate with the Australian public. Mainly the project will focus on:
- determining the reasons governments/agencies are engaging with this new media;
- determining what information government/agencies are using this communication mechanism to display;
- outlining the differences in use between various types of departments/agencies;
- determining to what extent governments/agencies believe it is an effective communication method; and
- discovering what tools governments/agencies are using to measure its effectiveness.
If you manage a Federal/State/Local government/agency Twitter account I would love to hear from you!
Before commencing the survey you must have completed the Informed Consent Template as the results of this survey will be distributed with participants in the hope that the findings may inform government departments and agencies about how others are using Twitter as a communication tool and whether it is effective.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have not been provided with this form and I can email this to you.
If you have completed this form then please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/useoftwitterausgov to complete the survey.
Data collected via the survey will be de-identified. The only identifiable section of the survey will be an indication of what type of department/agency and whether this is at State or local level. The survey will not identify any specific local areas or states/territories.
If you have any further questions or comments that you wish to raise with me individually please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks again for your time!