Open now for entry, the IAP2's Core Values Awards recognise the best public participation activities by organisations from around the world, based on the organisation's values (listed below).
If your agency has held a major public engagement activity, you may be eligible to enter these awards and be recognised in your jurisdiction, country, or even globally, for the quality of your efforts.
Learn more about the awards.
IAP 2 Core Values for the Practice of Public Participation
- Public participation is based on the belief that those who are affected by a decision have a right to be involved in the decision-making process.
- Public participation includes the promise that the public's contribution will influence the decision.
- Public participation promotes sustainable decisions by recognizing and communicating the needs and interests of all participants, including decision makers.
- Public participation seeks out and facilitates the involvement of those potentially affected by or interested in a decision.
- Public participation seeks input from participants in designing how they participate.
- Public participation provides participants with the information they need to participate in a meaningful way.
- Public participation communicates to participants how their input affected the decision.
Download IAP2's Core Values