In generaly there are six different sets of metrics I use, grouped into 'hard' and 'soft' as follows:
- Statistics - traffic (visits/pageviews),
- Content (age/timeliness/findability),
- Design - usability/accessibility/attraction (task completion, screen reading),
- Development - standards (code validation)
- User satisfaction (what do staff, contributors and managers tell us formally?),
- Word-of-mouth (what do staff, contributors and managers say informally?)
Overall I'm happy with our intranet's performance.
However I don't have a consolidated measure that combines these measures into a single number I can track over time as an Intranet Success Index.
How do you go about rating your intranet's success?