The Department of Finance has announced the ten finalists for the 2009 Excellence on e-Government Award (e-Award).
Having followed this award for three years, I believe that this is the best set of finalists I've seen to-date and represents the gradual maturing of Australian Government online initiatives.
I've linked to more information on each of the finalists below to make it easier to locate and review the various initiatives.
- CDATA Online (Australian Bureau of Statistics)
- Pre-filling of Income Tax Returns (Australian Tax Office)
- Tax Office eLibrary (Australian Tax Office) - Intranet application only
- Child Support Estimator (Child Support Agency)
- Parliamentary Document Management System (Department of Employment, Education and Workplace Relations) - Intranet application only
- Visa Wizard and the Citizenship Wizard (Department of Immigration and Citizenship)
- eVisitor (Department of Immigration and Citizenship)
- AusPat (IP Australia)
- Northern Queensland Wildfire Mitigation Project (Tablelands Regional Council)
- youthcentral (Victorian Department of Planning and Community Development)